Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Color Grids Project

For this project we had to take photos that we then turned into grids, we had different options for our grids: color complement, color harmonies, monochrome and rainbow. I loved this project because of the amount of possibilities and creativity we were allowed in our grids. My personal favorite is my fourth grid because of the color gradient and abstract look.

Opposites- My color complement grid.
Whale- My monochrome grid, This a series of photos I took in Mexico a year ago. I cropped them and created a preset I love the progression through the photos.

Autumn leaves- I love this grid because of the funky colors, it is a collection of 32 images.

Transitions- My fourth grid where I repeated one of my grids four times then added a tint to each one.
Dandelion- My fifth grid where I messed around with the saturation, mixed warm and cool colors to achieve a retro effect. I choose to do this one because I enjoy the depth the color and shape add to the photo.
Simplicity- My sixth grid, I like how simple it is and how it almost looks like a drawing.

Fall Colors- My seventh grid, I love this one because of the vibrant colors and the progression from one photo to more.


Man of the forest- A series of photos I took on a trip to Borneo, Indonesia last summer. all close-ups of orangutan faces. I love this because it captures the character of the orangutans perfectly, it is another monochrome grid.

Portland Sunset- I think the contrast between the yellow and blue set a calming and relaxing mood along with the contrast of the trees.


No comments:

Post a Comment