Thursday, January 9, 2014

Project Four: Diptychs and Triptychs

 For this part of this project we had to create diptychs and triptychs, a collection of two or three photos
that are viewed as one and have a relationship which each other. We also created a series of kaleidoscope images, where we combined four images and edited them in photoshop.
Dancing orchids- This is made up of three different photos I took of orchids in my house, I loved the lighting and the contrast between the black background. I like the contrast of the background with the orchids vibrant color.
Eyes- One photo I cropped to make it match up and create one image. I like the contrast of his bright blue eyes against the neutral colors of the photo.

Fish- a series of photos I took in Bali, Indonesia. I like this triptych I think it's sort of eerie. I went back and forth between color and black and white but ultimately settled on color.

Cat- A diptych of my cat behind a curtain, I loved the color and glow this photo has.
Pike's Place- A few photos I took while in Seattle, I like how it shows the activity throughout the market, in the second photo I tried to draw the focus away from the people on lightroom and photoshop it didn't work super well but I still like these two photos together.
Old Faithful- A triptych I made of three photos that I took at yellowstone national park earlier this year.
Skiers- Two different photos I took at timberline lodge of skiers on a ski lift. I used an old preset to make the sky yellow.
The city- A kaleidoscope image made up of a photo I took downtown, I rotated the layers and added filters to get this effect.
Autumn- A kaleidoscope image I made from a photo I took of a tree on my street.
Lights-I love this kaleidoscope I think it turned out really interesting, and I like how the lights combined to make little green hearts, I just think that's cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment